This is a very easy biscuit recipe that doesn’t require you to wait and let the dough rise. With a scoop you just drop 1/4 cup dough onto a pan with parchment paper, bake for 15 minutes, and enjoy. I gave eating Pillsbury biscuits years ago, after I couldn’t stand the after taste of their biscuits. This recipe is easy and quick. The texture is different since you are not rolling dough and letting it rise. The top of the biscuit is a bit bumpy but it has a nice flavor.
Mix together all dry ingredients.
Mix in butter until the flour mixture is crumbly and then add the buttermilk.
Makes 9 biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick of very cold butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup butter milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and Kosher salt. Stir ingredients together.
- Add cold Butter.
- Using a fork or your hands, mix the butter into the flour mixture until it appears crumbly.
- Add milk and mix.
- Cover a cookie sheet with butter or parchment paper.
- Using a 1/4 cup or scoop. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Eat warm with honey or jelly and enjoy!