Ice Cream Cupcakes are a play on a traditional cupcake, using melted chocolate as the holder and ice cream as the “cupcake”. I was challenged on my Facebook page to re-create the Food Network Ice Cream Cupcake to see if it was possible. I followed the steps in the Food Network video below and was able to recreate the delicious dessert. The only issue that I ran into was the foil sticking to the melted butterscotch morsels and cracking the holder.
Ice Cream Cupcakes were very easy to make with my kids. Just know that you have to eat these very fast before they melt all over you. My kids don’t all love chocolate, so we had some fun and made the cupcake holders with semi-sweet chocolate, white morsels, and butterscotch morsels.
Ice Cream Cupcakes Ingredients
Makes 6 ice cream cupcakes.
- 2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or flavor of your choice. I made 2 semi-sweet, 2 white morsels, and 2 butterscotch morsel cupcake holders.
- 6 scoops of ice cream (I used Vanilla)
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Sprinkles (optional)
- 6 foil cupcake holders
- cupcake pan
- brush for the chocolate
- 1M Tip & Piping Bag for Whipped Topping
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Melt chocolate per instructions on bag (45 seconds, stir and then 15 seconds until melted). If the chocolate is too thick, add a little bit of oil to thin it out.
- Brush the melted morsels around the foil cupcake holders.
- Freeze cupcake pan for 10 minutes.
- Brush the 2nd layer of morsels on the cupcake holders. Do this by repeating steps 1-3.
- Remove foil from melted morsels. Be very careful, doing this part. I broke one in the process.
7. Top with whipped topping and sprinkles.
8. Eat and enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer dessert? Do you have a fun way of eating ice cream? If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think.
Check Out Food Networks Video Here: