Chicken Alfredo is an easy to make and delicious. With 3 kids, the more I can do in one pot in 45 minutes the better. My Chicken Alfredo can be customized to your liking, you can use various noodles, and it can be easily modified to be vegetarian. In the recipe you can swap the spinach for broccoli and/or you can add shrimp instead of chicken. All variations are very tasty. However, my family’s favorite is Alfredo sauce mixed with chicken, spinach and penne pasta.
(Feeds 4 people)
1. 1/2 box penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
2. 1 chicken breast
3. 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
4. 1 cup shredded parmesan
5. 1 cup spinach washed or 1 Cup Broccoli
6. 3 tsp butter
7. Oil Oil for cooked pasta
8. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil Water. Follow instructions on pasta box for cooking pasta. **If using Broccoli, cook at the same time as pasta**
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake chicken breast for 25 minutes or until done. Once chicken is done, chop and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once pasta is done, drain. Toss with oil oil salt and pepper.
4. Using the same pot. Add butter. Cook until melted.
5. Add heavy cream to melted butter. Cook on medium until heavy cream begins to boil. Turn to low.
6. Add parmesan cheese to heavy cream mixture. Stir in cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Mix in spinach to Alfredo sauce. (**If using broccoli add during Step 1**)
8. Add pasta to Alfredo sauce.
9. Add chopped chicken to Alfredo Sauce.
10. Plate and top with freshly ground pepper.