LEGO Marshmallow Heads were one of the desserts at my twin’s 3rd LEGO Birthday party. I worked on the LEGO Marshmallow Heads the night before the party with my mother in law and sister in law. The marshmallows took a few practice runs to get them right. The first couple of tries the marshmallows fell off the stick or had too much candy melt on them. Once we got the hang of making the LEGO Marshmallow heads we were able to get them done quickly. Guests old and young thought the candy flavored marshmallows on a stick were delicious.
One Candy Melt bag makes about 30 marshmallow heads.
- Bag of large marshmallows
- Bag of small marshmallows
- Yellow Candy Melts
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil or Crisco (use if needed to thin candy melts)
- Long Sticks
- Black Food Marker or Black Food Gel Pen
- Styrofoam for drying and display.
- Add candy melts to a bowl or mason jar. Something deep enough to be able to dip the entire marshmallow in. Microwave per instructions on the bag. We started out with a bowl and moved the melts to a mason jar.
- Dip stick in melt.
3. Push the stick into the center of a large marshmallow.
4. Dip bottom of small marshmallow in candy melt and attach it to the top of large marshmallow.
5. Insert stick into styrofoam and let harden for 5 minutes. Repeat steps 2-4 with all marshmallows.
6. Stir candy melts. If texture is thick add oil.
7. Dip marshmallow on stick. Turn marshmallow over the jar to get off excess candy melt mixture.
10. Remove from fridge, with your food pen, draw 2 eyes and a smile between the eyes.
It’s important to work quickly and dip all marshmallows before the mixture gets to thick. Constantly putting the mixture in the microwave could burn it.
Do a couple of practice marshmallows until you get comfortable dipping it and drawing the face.