Chicken Enchiladas are one of my favorite dishes. I’ve been eating enchiladas since I was a kid. They are tasty and very easy to make. Enchiladas is one of the dishes that all my kids will eat! My recipe below isn’t spicy, but if you like spice you can always use a spicy sauce or add chilis to this recipe. My favorite brand sauce is Las Palmas, it’s the best store bought green sauce that I’ve tried so far.
I learned how to make enchiladas by watching one of my really good friends make them for a party. I was at the party early to help setup, and she showed me just how fast and easy they are to put together. This is a great dish for a large group of people.
- 2 chicken breasts baked and cooled
- Garlic powder, Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 0z of shredded Mexican blended cheese (Or Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack)
- 1/2 can Enchiladas sauce (I use mild)
- Sour cream for eating (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
- Shred baked chicken. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Lightly wet corn tortillas with water, wrap in towel, and microwave for 45 seconds. Alternatively, you can lightly fry tortillas, but this way has more calories. The reason for this step is to try and soften the tortillas, so that when you fold them they don’t rip.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 pan with enchilada sauce
- Take a tortilla
- Dip the tortilla into a bowl of enchilada sauce.
- Fill tortilla with chicken and cheese.
- Roll tortilla and place in pan.
- Repeat with all 12 tortillas.
6. Pour a cup of sauce over the top of all 12 tortillas.
7. Cover enchiladas with cheese.
8.Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove Foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.