Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts have become one of my favorite veggies to eat for lunch or dinner. Growing up I thought Brussel sprouts were the worst vegetable in the world. Brussel sprouts were worst then lima beans to me as a child. My mother used to make Brussel sprouts by boiling them in water, which I’m still not a fan of. As an adult, my brother introduced me to roasting the Brussel sprouts in the oven or grilling them on the grill. I found a simple recipe that I can do in the oven and that my kids will eat, a couple of them complain, but they eat it.
Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts are quite simple. You take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together and then roast them in the oven. The last 5 minutes you sprinkle on parmesan cheese to melt, and you have delicious Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts. The recipe was inspired by Primavera Kitchen.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400
- Take a bowl and mix Brussel sprouts, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Lay on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then turn them and back for another 12 minutes. For a total of 24 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes, top with parmesan cheese and finish baking.
- Eat and Enjoy!